Possession of Prescription Medication
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Misdemeanors
  4.  » Possession of Prescription Medication

Skilled Defense Against Prescription Drug Possession Charges

Prescription drugs are controlled substances and their sale and distribution is heavily regulated. If you have been charged with illegal possession of a prescription drug, you face harsh penalties that may include fines, probation and even jail time.

Remember, you are innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. An experienced criminal defense lawyer can give you the best possible chance of putting this matter behind you.

I am Robert T. Dearborn, a criminal law attorney in Fairfax, Virginia. I have handled numerous misdemeanor drug possession cases and can provide you with the advice and representation you need for this serious legal matter.

When Legal Medication Leads To An Accusation Of Illegal Activity

Many people are surprised to find they have been charged with a crime for taking a medication their doctor prescribed. Nonetheless, such arrests are common. Driving under the influence of a prescription drug is illegal if it impairs your ability to safely drive. It doesn’t matter if you have a valid and up-to-date prescription.

Simple things like how you carry the medication can also make a big difference legally. A person who carries their pills in an unlabeled bottle could be charged with illegal possession of a controlled substance or even intent to distribute.

I am well versed in the laws pertaining to prescription drug possession and sale and can help you understand the charges you face. I am prepared to handle any type of misdemeanor prescription drug crime charge, including those involving Oxycontin, Valium, Adderall and other drugs.

A Trusted Ally In Your Time Of Need

A criminal charge is a frightening occurrence, but you don’t have to face it alone. I am here to provide you with informed and advice and strong advocacy. To arrange your free initial consultation, please contact my law office online or by telephone at 703-350-4804.